Welcome to the Australian Expatriate Superannuation Fund

Australia’s Number One and ONLY Retail Super Fund for UK Pension Transfers!

As the sole Retail Superannuation fund in Australia that is listed on the HMRC ROPS list as a Qualifying Recognised Overseas Pensions Scheme (QROPS), we offer a wealth of experience and support to assist expats in transferring their UK Pensions to Australia. Additionally, we provide a complimentary initial consultation service to help you understand your UK pensions and explore your options.

Our job is to make your pension transfer to Australia as seamless as possible, offering guidance to prevent unnecessary tax charges or penalties. Additionally, we collaborate closely with a network of trusted financial advisers. Should you need financial advice, we can introduce you to one of our partners to ensure you receive the full support you need.


Let the Experts Help You

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.



Unlike the complex set up process with a Self Managed Super Fund, we handle ALL of the administration involved with moving your money from the UK to Australia, so you don’t have to.


Get personalized financial advice suited to your pension transfer needs. We can introduce you to one of our trusted financial adviser partners who will safeguard your funds from unnecessary tax charges and maximize investment growth with a tailored strategy just for you.


We offer access to a wide range of world-leading investment options giving you greater potential for investment growth. Our range of funds consists of investments in AUD, GBP and USD so you can minimize currency exchange risk and protect your money.


Empower yourself with our online client portal, granting you 24/7 access to manage your account from anywhere in the world. Whether making investment switches or setting up regular withdrawals, our platform offers you the flexibility and ease to manage and control your fund efficiently.

Transferring your UK pension to Australia with AESF is a process that we make easy for you and a less complex alternative to a Self-Managed Super Fund.

Book your FREE consultation today and find out how we can help you transfer your UK Pension – The simple way!


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Under current rules, you cannot transfer your UK Pension to a QROPS Super Fund until you reach aged 55. The reason being is that in Australia you are permitted, under certain circumstances, to withdraw funds before age 55 which goes against UK law.

QROPS stands for ‘Qualifying Recognised Overseas Pension Scheme’. A QROPS is an overseas pension scheme that is listed on the HMRC list and can accept a transfer of UK pension funds.  They were introduced in 2006 specifically for the benefit of former UK residents who have accrued pension funds in the UK, and who intend to remain outside the UK permanently.

You can only transfer a UK Pension overseas to a scheme that is listed on the HMRC ROPS list as a QROPS, like our Australian Expatriate Superannuation Fund.

A full list of registered QROPS schemes can be found here.

When transferring your UK Pension to Australia, you may be subject to a tax charge upon transfer. Tax is based on the investment growth achieved within your UK pension plan, from the date you became an Australian resident, to the date you transferred your UK pension into Australia. It is the growth achieved during this period which would be subject to tax.

You should seek professional tax advice from a qualified adviser before transferring your funds to safeguard you from any significant charges. An adviser will put in place a transfer strategy to mitigate any potential tax liabilities.

We can introduce you to one of our financial advice partners to help you with your transfer.

You may transfer the following types of UK pension arrangements to an Australian QROPS:

  • An Occupational Pension Scheme – A pension offered by your employer, typically a Group Personal Pension.
  • A Defined Benefit Scheme – These are schemes offered by your employer which offer a guaranteed benefit in retirement. Also known as Final Salary Schemes.
  • A Defined Contribution Scheme – These are Personal or Group Personal Pension Plans. A Self Invested Personal Pension (SIPP) is a Defined Contribution Scheme.
  • A Small Self Administered Scheme (SSAS) – This is also a Defined Contribution Scheme, however, the set up of them is a bit more complex.

The following types of UK Pensions are not permitted to transfer:

  • UK State Pension
  • Unfunded Civil Service Pensions which include NHS, Teachers, Fire Fighters, Police and Armed Forces.

You can transfer your UK Pension to Australia if you meet the following criteria.

  • You must be aged between 55 and 75 years. If you are under the age of 55 then you can transfer your Funds to our International Expat SIPP.
  • You can only transfer your UK Pension into a scheme that is registered with HMRC as a Qualifying Recognised Overseas Pension (QROPS).

In some cases, you may fit these criteria but there are restrictions with transferring your plan, for example, it could be an NHS Pension Scheme or Teachers Pension which generally do not permit transfers. Our FREE consultation will allow us to understand what pensions you have and the options you have with them.

It's important to seek professional financial advice to make well-informed decisions about your pension funds, especially when transferring a pension. A qualified financial adviser can help protect you from the various tax risks involved in transferring a UK Pension overseas and create a tailored plan to align with your financial objectives. When transferring a 'defined benefit' pension (e.g., a final salary scheme), involving a financial adviser is mandatory if the value exceeds £30,000. This requirement is because of the guarantees associated with these pensions. Your current scheme provider will require you to obtain a Transfer Value Analysis (TVAS) Report from a FCA Qualified adviser before permitting funds to be transferred out of the scheme. We are NOT authorised to provide you with personal financial advice. We can only provide you with general advice regarding our product and the options available to you. However, we have close relationships with many financial advisers and can introduce you to a qualified adviser in your area.
The charges we would apply for administering the transfer of your UK pension to our Australian Expatriate Superannuation fund would be:
  • Establishment (Set up) Fee – $595
  • Transfer in Fee – $195 per transfer
A full list of the Fees and charges can be found in our Product Disclosure Statement and Member Guide. You can also see a full summary of our fees here – AESF Fee Summary. Some UK Pension providers do impose a charge upon transferring your funds out of their scheme and so this is a point you should always check.

Are you ready to transfer your pension?

Call us today and take the next step to building a secure future for you and your family